Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mount Mayon

I'm a Bicolana but I only got to see Mount Mayon last September 2010 when my family and I went to Bicol to attend the wedding anniversary of my uncle. It's nice to actually see Mount Mayon and the Cagsawa Ruins up close for the first time. The Cagsawa Ruins are the remnants of the Cagsawa church built in 1724 and destroyed by the 1814 eruption of the Mayon Volcano.

The ruins of the Cagsawa church are now the site of the Cagsawa Ruins Park, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Albay. There are a lot of stalls selling native Bicol products surrounding the park. What was pretty amazing for me were the boys who earn extra money just by serving as guides to the visitors. They would come up to you and tell you about the history of the Cagsawa Ruins and they would readily be your photographers taking interesting shots of you and Mount Mayon or the Cagsawa Ruins.















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails