Thursday, July 28, 2011

Groupon

Groupon is a portmanteau derived from "group coupon". It is a deal-of-the-day website that features discounted gift certificates. My first encounter with this was when my friend invited me to join localroam. Whoever was the first one who came up with this idea of a "groupon" is pure genius. I'm such a miser so I love bargains/sales/discounts. Shopping at outlet stores is pure bliss for me so I was pretty pumped up when I discovered groupon. Imagine buying a product or making a reservation in a hotel for a much needed vacation with a 90% discount. It's unbelievable but it's so true. My friend is actually addicted to groupons that I often see her at work surfing the net and printing all her vouchers.


There are also other groupon sites that offer a lot of good deals. For instance, ENSOGO today offers a P499 per person/night accommodation with breakfast based on quadruple sharing valid from August to Dec 15, 2011 and June 1 to Dec 15, 2012 at La Carmela de Boracay (valued at P4160) . The rate is discounted at 88% so you save P3,661.

La Carmela de Boracay



-image from ensogo-



Dealgrocer also offers discounted travel packages. Their offer today is a 3-day and 2-night full board stay for 2 in a deluxe water cottage in El Nido Resorts valid from July 31 to October 28, 2011. The offer is worth P29,500. Original price is P58,440.




El Nido



-image from dealgrocer-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails